About me ‘Karen Pointon’ will help you understand my drive and enthusiasm for an industry that can sometimes be classed as impersonal and aggressive. The information below will give you an insight into my legal expertise and career to date.
My name is Karen Pointon and I qualified as a solicitor of England and Wales in December 2002. I am married and have a little boy. Although I was born in Stoke on Trent, I have worked throughout the United Kingdom. It is only now that I have opened my own legal practice that I am able to work back in my home town permanently.
With the exception of my 3 years working for DLA Piper, my legal career has consisted of Claimant work – acting for the individual in respect of personal injury and loss claims. My 3 years at DLA Piper gave me the necessary Defendant experience to then utilise in my future Claimant work – I now have a much better understanding as to how and why certain claims are defended and am able to pre-empt and prepare for this in my current work.
Pointon & Co Solicitors Limited is registered in England and Wales under Company number 7681033. The registered address and address for all correspondence is 5 Longclough Road, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffs, ST5 7SW.
Pointon & Co Solicitors Limited is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). If you’d like to know more about how Solicitors are regulated, please visit www.sra.org.uk/
- We are committed to providing high quality legal advice and client care, irrespective of your age, gender, religious beliefs or ethnic origin.
- We promise to treat you as an individual and with the greatest of respect – EVERY claim is important to us, no matter the value.
- We will always treat you with courtesy, give you clear, open and honest advice, ensure that you understand the legal issues involved in your claim and further, understand how your matter is to be progressed and the result that we are aiming for.
- We promise not to place you at unnecessary financial risk – your financial liabilities shall be considered at each stage of the claim.
- We will always fully explain your options where relevant to allow you to make your own, informed decisions.
- We aim to reply to letters as soon as is practically possible – but cannot always guarantee to do this the same day. We aim to return all calls on the same or next working day.
- When discussing your claim with others we promise to respect you as our client and not say or agree to anything which may unfairly prejudice your claim.
- We will always act in your best interests – where we are unable to do this, for example due to a conflict of interests or lack of expertise in your particular matter, we will let you know as soon as possible and will also advise you of suitable firms that may be able to assist you in taking over your claim.
- If you are unhappy with the service provided by Pointon & Co Solicitors for any reason, you are able to make a formal complaint by following the Firm’s Complaints Procedure.