In need of urgent assistance call 01782 560 706

Money Laundering Policy

We are obliged by legislation to check the identity of all clients and failure to do so could result in criminal sanctions being taken.

It is therefore a condition of accepting any new instructions that clients provide the Firm with evidence to verify their identity.

Before we take on your claim therefore we will need to obtain:-
1,  Your date of birth
2.  Your National Insurance number
3.  And we will also require 2 forms of identification – one containing a photograph and the other containing your current address. We will need a photocopy of one item from List A and one item from List B as set out below:-

List A
– a current and signed passport
– a current UK photo card driving licence
– a current full UK driving licence
– a photocard for self employed people working in the construction industry (C1S4)
– a firearm / shotgun certificate
– a National identity card containing a photograph

List B
– confirmation from the Electoral Register that you live at your given address
– a recent utility bill less than 3 months old (not a mobile telephone bill)
– a local council tax bill for the current year
– a current UK photo card driving licence
– a bank or building society statement
– a passport with you current address
– a solicitors letter to confirm your recent house purchase
– Land Registry confirmation of your address
– council rent book showing the rent paid at your address for the last 3 months
– Housing Association rent card or tenancy agreement
– a recent Inland Revenue Self Assessment statement or tax demand
– house or motor insurance

Money Laundering Prevention
We have to be seen to be complying with various safeguards – such as the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, the Terrorism Act 2000 and the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 & 2012.

We have to be satisfied that any client money coming into the Firm has come from a legitimate source and that this can be supported with evidence if neessary. If we have any suspicion that the money received is from the proceeds of a criminal act, or related to terrorism in any way, we will have to report the transaction to the Serious Organised Crime Agency.

In order to protect the interests of the Firm, should you ever need to pay us a large sum of money, we will be ask that this is paid by way of an electronic transfer directly from your bank or building society account and appropriate investigations as to the source of these funds will have to be made.

Please contact us should you need any further information in this regard.

Appointments to suit you!

Appointments are only by prior arrangement, please call, we visit evenings and weekends at your convenience.

    About you

    How can I help?